Master of Business Administration – Healthcare Management
Prepare to lead change, support practitioners, and ensure better care for patients with Georgian Court University’s MBA in Healthcare Management, now available at GCU@Hazlet.
Featuring the same Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)-accredited curriculum found at our Lakewood Campus, the Healthcare Management concentration builds on our core MBA with targeted content in finance, organizational management, and legal issues focused on the rapidly changing needs of today’s healthcare system.
This convenient program makes it possible for you to pursue an advanced healthcare management qualification through a blend of online and on-site classes that accommodate full-time work schedules. Choose our traditionally paced two-year program or the self-paced option that’s as flexible as you need it to be.
Career Opportunities for Healthcare Management MBA Graduates
As a graduate of the MBA in Healthcare Management program, you’ll be prepared to pursue upper management and executive roles in a wide variety of healthcare and healthcare-related settings, including:
- Long-term care facilities
- Group practices or private practices
- Insurance companies and HMOs
- Medical device or pharmaceutical companies
- Healthcare staffing and recruitment firms
- Healthcare technology firms
- Healthcare management consulting
Required Courses for the Healthcare Management MBA Program
The MBA program is made up of 18 courses covering 36 credits of advanced business education, including four courses specifically for healthcare management professionals. Courses include:
- AC602 – Management Accounting and Budgetary Control (3 credits)
- BU600 – Production and Operations Management (3 credits)
- BU602 – Business Analytics (3 credits)
- BU609 – Management and Leadership (3 credits)
- BU626 – Marketing Management (3 credits)
- BU628 – Financial Management Policy (3 credits)
- EC611 – Managerial Economics (3 credits)
- BU691 – Strategic Management (3 credits)
- HC611 – Legal Aspects of Healthcare Administration (3 credits)
- HC612 – Management and Marketing in Health Care (3 credits)
- HC613 – Medical Ethics in Healthcare Decision Making (3 credits)
- HC614 – Healthcare Finance (3 credits)
If your undergraduate major was not in a business-related field, we also offer an 18-credit (six-course) Common Professional Component (CPC) which includes bridging material in courses such as accounting, statistics, and more. If you did graduate from a business-related undergraduate degree, most or all CPC courses will be waived for you.
Please note that program requirements, including courses and course schedules, are subject to change. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transform Your World with Georgian Court University
Complete your MBA in Healthcare Management with Georgian Court University at Hazlet. Contact our admissions department today!