Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Today’s business world is more interconnected than ever before. Even small local firms have connections to supply chains that span the globe and the capability to spread their message internationally thanks to the Internet. Georgian Court University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program offers comprehensive training for the 21st century business world at our Brookdale Community College partnership site in Hazlet.
Our B.S. in Business Administration degree completion program features course content informed by current events and best practices in business law, finance, accounting, and marketing. Learning experiences mirror the real world of work, with plenty of opportunity to hone your professional presentation skills while you participate in group projects.
The program is in a work-friendly hybrid format that combines convenient evening courses with some online coursework. Finally, our faculty include tenured business professors and experienced professionals who bring real-world experience—and a passion for teaching—to the classroom. As a Georgian Court graduate, you’ll be on the path to success.
Career Opportunities for Business Majors
Completing your bachelor’s degree in business prepares you for entry-level or management-track roles in virtually any industry. Depending on your previous experience, you can set yourself up to advance in your current career, prepare to change careers, or even gain the skills and knowledge you need to begin your own venture.
This program features experiential learning in the form of an internship. You can complete this requirement with a company that is new to you, or within the organization where you currently work.
Our internship experience is designed to be purposeful: you will have specific questions you are seeking to answer. After completing your internship, you should have a better understanding of your skills, goals, and personal working style—as well as how trends in the wider business world impact your internship site.
Required Courses for the Business Major
The B.S. in Business Administration program is a degree completion program designed for students who hold an A.A. degree, or who have at least 60 transferable credits from another college or university. You can transfer a maximum of 75 credits from Brookdale or another two-year institution to your program at Georgian Court. We will accept up to 90 total credits from all sources. You will need to complete a minimum of 120 credits to graduate.
The exact courses you take with us may vary depending on your previous experiences. Core courses required of all students include:
- AC171 Principles of Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- AC172 Principles of Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- EC181 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- EC182 Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
- BU121 Quantitative Business Concepts (3 credits)
- IS224 Computing & Information Systems in Business (3 credits)
- BU211 Business Law (3 credits)
- BU213 Management Theory & Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- BU221 Business Statistics & Probability (3 credits)
- BU241 Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- BU242 Managerial Communication (3 credits)
- BU335 Financial Management (3 credits)
- IS320 Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- BU411 Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- BU450 Internship Prep (1 credit)
- BU451 Internship (2+ credits)
- BU491 Business Strategies & Policy (3 credits)
Please note that program requirements, including courses and course schedules, are subject to change.
DEGREE UP! with Georgian Court University
Complete your business degree with Georgian Court University at Hazlet: contact our Office of Admissions today!